*To prepare peppers, cut in half and discard seeds and stems. Cut into small pieces or chop with food processor.
Note: there are many combinations of peppers that produce different colors, flavors, and heat. A typical combination is 2 1/2 Cups prepared bell peppers and 1/2 Cup prepared jalapeño pepper. A few drops of food coloring may be added if a deeper color is desired.
- 3 Cups Peppers (prepared*)
- 7 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 4 1/2 fl. oz. Water
- 1 3/4 Cups Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Pacific Pectin Mix
- Combine water and vinegar.
- Stir in Pacific Pectin Mix and heat to boiling.
- As soon as boiling begins, add peppers.
- Bring back to a boil.
- Add half of required sugar, bring back to a boil then add remaining sugar.
- Continue heating and boil 1.5 minutes. (cook to 65 Brix; 3.2 pH: 220°F sea level).
- Remove from heat.
- Skim and pour mixture into jars.
- Invert jars for 3 minutes then turn jars upright and let cool.
Leave a Reply