- 2 qt. Whole Huckleberries (2.5 cups after being crushed)
- 6 Cups Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1/3 Cup Pacific Pectin Mix
- Add 1 Cup water to crushed fruit to make 3.5 cups, and add to a 6 qt. or larger pot.
- Add lemon juice.
- Start heating and slowly stir in Pacific Pectin Mix.
- Heat to boiling.
- Slowly stir in sugar in 2 parts and bring back to a boil.
- Boil hard for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and let set for 30 seconds.
- Skim foam and pour into jars.
- Invert jars for 1 minute, then turn upright and let cool.
© 2023 Printed at PacificPectin.com
When preparing jam, when should the pH be measured and adjusted? When you just have crushed fruit? Or after sugar has been added? Thank you.
Technically you would want to wait until all ingredients have been added as its the final Ph that you will want to know and adjust.
If you would like further info you can email or call firstname.lastname@example.org 877-886-5151