Note: Strawberries tend to generate excessive foam. If desired, add Pacific Food Grade Antifoam to the fruit before adding the pectin to reduce foam (before step 2).
Yield: Nine 8 oz. jars
- 1 Cup Cranberries, finely chopped/pulsed in food processor
- 1 Cup Green Bell Pepper, finely chopped/pulsed in food processor
- 1 Cup Jalapeño Peppers, finely chopped/pulsed in food processor
- 1 Cup Strawberries, crushed
- 1 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 7 Cups Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Pacific Pectin Mix
- Antifoam as needed
- Add prepared fruit, peppers, cranberries and vinegar to 6 quart or larger pot.
- Heat to 140F and add pectin (and defoamer if needed).
- Bring mixture to a boil and boil for 30 seconds.
- Stir in half the required sugar, bring back to a boil then add remaining sugar.
- Bring back to a boil and heat to 219°F.
- When temperature is reached, ladle into jars and seal.
- Invert jars for 3 minutes, then turn jars upright and let cool.
Leave a Reply