Use red, white, rosé, or champagne to make this giftable wine jelly with Pacific Pectin mix.
- 4 Cups Wine (white, red, rose, or champagne)
- 5 ¼ Cups Sugar
- 7 fl. oz. Water
- ½ Cup Pacific Pectin Mix
- Add Pacific Pectin Mix slowly to water in large saucepan.
- Stir and heat to boiling.
- Boil for one minute.
- Add wine while stirring.
- Continue stirring and add sugar slowly.
- Heat to near boiling (boiling point is 180° F because of the alcohol)
- Reduce heat to low and stir for 3 minutes. Sugar should be dissolved completely.
- Remove from heat. Let stand 30 seconds.
- Skim and pour into jars.
- NOTE: for less alcohol in the jelly, boil slowly for 6 minutes (200-206°F) in step 6.
Leave a Reply