- 32 oz. Peaches (frozen slices)
- 12 oz. Amaretto liqueur
- 7 Cups Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Lemon juice
- 2 oz. or 1/3 Cup Pacific Pectin Mix
- Thaw and crush peaches
- Add prepared peaches to a 6 qt. pot, begin heating and stir in Pacific Pectin Mix.
- Bring to a medium boil for 30 seconds then add the amaretto liqueur.
- Bring back to a near boil, add half the sugar, bring back to near boil and add the rest of the sugar.
- Bring to a full rolling boil for one minute.
- Let mixture settle for 2 minutes.
- Skim remaining foam if necessary, and then fill jars. Invert jars for 3 minutes then turn upright and let cool.
Brix: 64-65, pH: 3.0-3.1
Yield: 4.5 Pints
Note: Peaches tend to generate excessive foam. If desired, add Pacific Food Grade Antifoam to the fruit before adding the pectin to reduce foam.
Leave a Reply